Monday, June 13, 2011

Project Update

So this weekend was amazing.  I went to a workshop in Matthews titled "DSLR Bootcamp" so I could learn the basics of this incredible machine I have.  Of course I'm talking about my SLT a33.  Coming from video to photography it's quite a different arena of knowledge to step into.  Yet at the same time the better my photographic skills become, the better quality my shots and video will be.  So it's a necessary path to take in my development as a movie maker.

I pretty much have the core ideas of my ghost story laid out.  Last week I took note cards with me everywhere jotting down each idea as it came to me.  I remained passive and didn't fight or question any of them, just wrote them down as they popped into my imagination.  My inner critic can be the death of a creative venture, so it's best to put him on mute until his nitpicking criticisms become necessary later in the process.  For now I gagged and blindfolded him and hung onto the fin of my intuition as it dragged me into  my shadowy creative depth.  What I've found out is that the photographer is a girl, our artist is a guy named Brian.  The ghost story is a metaphor for hitting your bottom and living the powerless unmanageable life of an addict.

I had lunch yesterday with my friend DJ and we hashed out another foundation for a script.  He had an idea for a zombie movie.  And when I heard the two words "zombie" and "apocalypse" my stomach turned and CLICHE was screaming in my mind.  But I put myself aside and decided to listen openly to his idea.  As it turned out we were able to hash out a solid foundation for a promising story.  I will post more on this as it develops further.

No comments:

Post a Comment