Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Vintage Goodies

So I am a lens addict. Contemplating going to groups for it. I'm sure there's a 12 step program out there for me. But in my frenzy I've found some great options that work wonderfully on the M43 system.

Kiron 28mm f2 

This lens is also sold under the Vivitar name. Makes a great standard lens for us. Will probably set you back $100-$150. However, I've found they sell a hell of a lot cheaper on the Minolta mount. I was able to score one for around $50 the other week, and it's in mint condition. Haven't fully tested it out yet, but it has great close focus distance. You can get up to a foot away from your subject. Worth looking into.



Nikon Nikkor-O 35mm f2

I love the 35mm focal length on the GH2. I'm just partial to the 70mm actual. Great short tele. Excellent for portrait work, yet wide enough to establish scenery. The great thing about this lens is its price. You can grab it easily for around $130. There's an AIS version, but the O version is rejected by Nikon lovers because it doesn't fit their mount correctly without being altered. And for us that means less expensive.  Because there's no issue fitting it to an adapter. Also great close focus distance from 1 ft away.

MIR 24M/N 35mm f2
If you can't find the Nikkor this is also a great lens to have. It's a russian lens, either sold in the Nikon mount or M42 mount. Nikon mount is more expensive. You can also grab this for $130. I haven't used this lens but am really impressed with footage and pictures I've seen captured with it.

Minolta Rokkor 58mm 1.4

Totally underrated lens. This guy is one of my favorites. Great portrait lens. Use it for a lot of interviews. Smooth bokeh. Has eight aperture blades so it gives the bokeh a circular look to it, which i really appreciate. Plus the price point is amazing. You can find a mint condition one for around $70. I definitely prefer it over the Minolta Rokkor 50mm 1.4.

So there ya go. These are a few of my beauties, plus one wishlister. Can't really go wrong with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment