Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Backyard Auteur

Hello viewer!  DSLR videography is taking off.  Remember that commercial on television with the basket ball player dunking a ball against a black background then it shows a digital SLR camera, promoting its video function.  If you're like me, the first time I saw that ad I had no clue why that was such a big deal.  My response was "so...?" why not use a VIDEO camera?  The revolutionary jump was beyond my comprehension.  But lately what I've come to realize through talking with my coworkers about DSLR videography is that it means higher quality video (near film quality, yes technology is catching up FAST) for less money!  After I let it sink in I perused youtube and absorbed the test footage on there.  It's incredible and blew me away.  To realize that with little to no budget I can produce pro quality video was mind blowing.  I immediately jumped on board.  Coupled with my new passion for DIY (do it yourself/ aka making shit), I have begun amassing a film studio in my garage.  I've created this blog to provide my experience as well as outside information on DIY filmmaking and promote interest in the independent film community in the Lake Norman area.  So for now welcome to the blog.  You can expect much more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment