Saturday, November 19, 2011

Promotional Video in the Works



I've been working on a promotional video recently.  Lauren Rosenau's brother in law, Scott Hofert, founder and owner of Colsen Keane Leather, contacted me recently about creating a video to promote his leathersmith business.  Scott is a very talented craftsman who makes beautiful leather bags.  Most of his products are designed to hold ipads and macbooks, but he's been branching out recenlty and making satchels and day trip bags.  I was able to shadow him in his workshop behind his house.  He puts a lot of care into his work and is very fond of what he does.

You can check out his website here: http://www.colsenkeane.com/

For the video I recorded it using Gandalf and Vader.  The interview was shot with Vader at 44mbps.  The footage in the shop were recorded with Vader and Gandalf (mainly G) both at 50mbps, GOP 6, 24p.  I have finally decided on my go-to lenses for projects, ha took several months but I finally did it!


Glass

  • Rokkor 58mm 1.4
  • Rokkor 35mm 2.8
  • Pentax 25mm 1.4
  • Vivitar Series 1 28-90mm 2.8/3.5
  • Panasonic 14mm 2.5
  • SLR Magic 35mm 1.7 (used for portrait shot shown above)
I used the vimeo music store to get a freesource song.  I love the vimeo music store.  It's extremely convenient and a really useful tool.  Plus the royalty free music is high quality.



No comments:

Post a Comment