Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lauren Rosenau's Promotional Video



So my new, and extremely talented, friend Lauren has asked me to put together a promotional video for her photography website. I tagged along with her for an engagement shoot last Monday and over the weekend had her come over to grab an interview and more b-roll footage.  We have a rock quarry off the neighborhood nature trail that is absolutely gorgeous this time of year.  I took a walk to scout out the area and found the perfect spot: a tree surrounded by flush green grass, illuminated from behind by the setting sun.  The light was absolutely beautiful so I made note of the time and we came back the following day.

Lauren had this retro chair that she brought, along with a bag of antique cameras to mess around with.  I really wanted to give this footage an artistic look so after we finished the interview I popped on my 25mm cctv lens and started playing around.  I love how the lens reacts to light.  It catches it and pushes it around the edges.

Look forward to seeing the finished video in a couple of weeks.  Until then here's a sneak peak:

No comments:

Post a Comment